- To cultivate excellence in providing therapeutic activity programming for the elderly in Adult Family Homes, Long Term Care facilities, Senior Centers, Assisted Living and Retirement communities.
- To become aware and active in legislative issues that effect the elderly population in the delivery of activity programming.
- To encourage continued strong community relations and educational opportunities in all regions.
- To promote, encourage, and assist in the development of WSAAP chapters in their endeavor to promote leadership.
- To initiate and participate in a statewide publicity campaign promoting National Activity Professional Week.
- To encourage and cooperate with any college or institution in developing professional education and training for Activity Professionals.
- To enhance the role and professionalism of WSAAP to ensure continued growth as a professional organization through chapter meetings, workshops, and Fall conferences.
- To promote and encourage certification for Activity Professionals through the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP).
- To host the Annual meeting for the entire membership each year.
WSAAP was originally called Health Activity Volunteer Services (HAVS) and was established in June 16, 1965.
In September 24, 1984, the name of our organization was changed to Washington State Association of Activity Professionals (WSAAP). Read more…